Friday, October 3, 2008

Spencer's Baptism

Last Sunday Spencer was baptized. It was the most spirit-filled meeting I have been in in a long time. Spencer looked smashing in his suit coat, tie, and Salt Lake Temple pin on his lapel that Grandma and Grandpa Waite gave him.We shared the baptism with another family in our ward. They are a wonderful family and I was glad to be able to share the day with them.
Our kids had been working for a few weeks on a musical number - "When I Am Baptized" from the Children's Songbook. Meghann accompanied while the other kids sang and they did such a great job. It melted my heart. Brady gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and he did an amzing job, as always. He did so good to talk right to Spencer and Truman and taught the scriptures in a way that was easy for them to understand.

My friend called me the next day and said, "Boy, that was the most spiritual baptism I have ever been to and I have been to a lot of baptisms!" (Having been the primary president for over three years, she really has been to a lot of baptisms!) She said, "I kept waiting for someone to be translated or something to burst into flames. When I stood up to talk I thought I might start speaking in tongues!" He he he.
It really was such a wonderful baptism, all joking aside. I am grateful to have such amazing kids.

4 comments:

nixon5 said...

How wonderful is that! I wish we could of been there for it.
You do have amazing kids.
What a great day.

Bekah: said...

That is so sweet. What a special day. I know exactly what you meant when you said Bro Nixon gave a great talk. I will always remember him as my most influential teacher. He made the scriputres come alive for me. He is a wonderful teacher.

Joanna said...

Spencer you look so handsome in your suit and tie. What a great day! We are so proud of you.

TaYloRcD5 said...

Way to go Spenny!!! You look like a STUD!!!!